Decisions Decisions

I have a 7 hour train ride tomorrow and for the last hour or so I have been faced with the dilemma of what to pack. I'm only going away for the weekend, and flying back on Sunday night, but I've packed two pairs of jeans, 2 cardigans, three tops, pjs, shoes and knickers. That seems rather sensible doesn't it.

But as with all knitters, how much knitting does one pack? Given my 7 hour train ride, I figured that I'd be able to get quite a bit of knitting done. So, I've packed the broadstreet mittens in my carry bag (only bringing one bag - i'm not that bad!!), and i've also packed some supplies for Patti.

I reckon I could get my second broadstreet mitten done by the time I reach my destination, but then I'll have time over the next two days to knit. Will three balls of felted tweed (almost 600m) suffice for the two days? Or is it too little?

I once brought one skein of bendigo rustic for my weekend, and having finished my one skein on the first day, was left with little knitting for the rest of my trip. The other time, I didnt have enough, and ended up at the LYS (very very limited range) and bought 10 skeins for a brand new project (don't want to do that again!!).

So... how does one decide how much knitting to bring? Will three balls of felted tweed for Patti be enough???

1 comments:

  lomester

12:46 AM, July 06, 2007

Oh i cannot help you with this one! I always think I am going to have time to finish 3 projects at once... the idea of several immobile hours to me just means record knitting.